Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Joe Wilson: Deception Points a more appropriate title

.
Said Joe Wilson, "I have the distinction of being the first person to purchase Bush's book in Santa Fe, New Mexico." Now you do surprise me Joe.

Having read that people began lining up in front of bookstores before former President Bush's memoir, Decision Points, was due to be released, I hurried off to purchase mine early on November 9, arriving about fifteen minutes after opening time. I have the distinction of being the first person to purchase Bush's book in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

I have a special interest in understanding how the former president sees his decision to invade Iraq and his use of intelligence to justify the invasion. I have also been curious about what he might have to say about the betrayal of a CIA covert officer's identity, my wife's, by, among others, two senior members of his staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby and Karl Rove. I had seen his interview with NBC's Matt Lauer in which he volunteered that Scooter Libby was a "loyal" American who had been somehow caught up in the Valerie Plame affair. I was thunderstruck by his description of a man convicted of four counts of lying to federal officials, perjury, and obstruction of justice, the chief of staff to the Vice President who knowingly offered up Valerie Plame's name to a New York Times reporter, and who was so obsessed with destroying my reputation that he kept a three-ring binder on me and an annotated copy of my book. My expectations for truthful revelation in Bush's book, after his comment, were naturally low. I have not been disappointed. In fact, Deception Points might have been a more appropriate title.
The former president deals with the Plame affair briskly, fairly early in the book, in the context of what he describes as the last and most "emotional personnel decision" of his presidency...more hufpo
Who says there are no such things as coincidences, I will admit I didn't go looking for it, but I did end up watching this clip of Joe Wilson/Valerie Plame (Mr & Mrs) only yesterday.

I was actually searching for Bill Maher's, New Rule-You can't Lie Anymore, it's been pulled, but if anybody sees it about, you might leave me a comment. Thanks.



Previous:

Yes It Is a Bit Of a Circus: Terry Jones On Bush's Compassion


Dear President Bush, Now That You Have Found Compassion



.

No comments: