Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fundamentalist Trash. Nice One Judge

This would be just another one of those stories if it weren't for the sterling comments the red robed one with the silly wig.

"I have no doubt you wanted to immerse yourself in this fundamentalist trash, but in the material available to me there is nothing to indicate that any actual terrorist use would have been made of it by anyone."

Nicely put Sir, but then we read on and see all the death and jihadist shite this tosser has on his computer, bad enough? certainly, but it doesn't stop there,

The trial also heard that Nassari had a letter from his wife in which she appeared to be encouraging him to become a terrorist martyr.

The court was told it read: "I am so proud of my husband. I am happy that Allah has.........and then comes the cracker



What did Dawkins say? The root of all evil.

2 comments:

Larry Hamelin said...

I don't think the judge's comments are out of line. I think it's never justified to imprison or punish someone for what he believes, thinks or speaks. The judge has to base his sentence on the actual potential for harm, not on his approval or disapproval of Nassari's beliefs. I don't think the judge deserves censure for his remarks.

On the other hand, as citizens, we are not officers of the court, and our opinions don't carry legal weight: You and I can (and do) consider Nassari's beliefs abominable.

Himself said...

I don't think the judge's comments are out of line.

I don't think the judge deserves censure for his remarks.

Yo Larry. I don't follow you on these two sentences. The first one, most definitely not, the second, I wasn't aware that he had been.

It will be interesting to compare this to Padilla, should Padilla be found guilty, heaven forbid, (do you like that?) just what will be the severity of his sentence.

We have this fellow here caught with the whole ball of wax and gets three and a half years,(and three parts of that will be designed to send a message to other wannabees) compare this hard evidence to the flimsy stuff the feebies have produced against Padilla then it just don't bear thinking about.

When you look at what Bushco has put the poor sod through for the last five years it's fucking criminal.
Talk about desperately wanting somebody/anybody for a scapegoat, stroll on!