Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tragedy Turning To Travesty?

.
**This was the case I alluded to in the previous post. and update. Easy enough to read and dismiss as just another story, I wasn't going to carry it myself, not that I didn't think it worthy but I had no context for it until I wrote about the injustice of the stoning sentence passed on Mokarrameh Ebrahimi for a "no crime" or what shouldn't be faintly considered a crime in any society in the Twenty First century, or any century for that matter.



Obviously I am not privy to all the details and I can only surmise and read between the lines, but in reading between said lines I come away with the impression of an underprivileged girl with a somewhat limited IQ, to what degree I cannot say but I'll wager it's pretty low.

One only has to read the circumstances surrounding the death of her child to draw that conclusion, yet she finds herself charged with manslaughter and bail set for half a million, sat alone in a cell trying to grieve the loss of her son and facing the prospect of six to eight in the big house if convicted.
Poor girl.
Story

No comments: