Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Just Another Step Closer

There are times that I yearn for youth fled and there are times like this one when I think p'raps not.
As this jewel once called England that moved sedately in time honoured fashion as once did the glaciers, and now as the glacier hastens inevitably to the sea, so we do hurry, with ner a sound as we step nearer to totalitarianism; what care I? my time all but past. Past like the passions that once burned in this race of islanders as they took to the streets, to roads and green hedged country lanes, with banners aloft proclaiming their defiance, marching for causes just, led by good men of the day, the Michael Foot's of this country, and there were those that marched behind the not so good, the Scargill's of this world. But cause just or cause not, they did march, and they marched with passion, but seems all passion is spent now as we watch our individuality slip away , like the glacier to the sea. What Care I?

No comments: